Local History - Godney
There is an Upper Godney and a Lower Godney, and between 1892 and 1907 the site of a prehistoric Lake Village was discovered 1 mile South of Godney, called the Glastonbury Lake Village. The Parish of Godney was amalgamated with the Parish of Meare in 1904.
From Meare Parish Records 1813-1852 Book X
"A collection was made for rebuilding Godney Chapel amounting to £10-7-0, after a sermon preached by Revd. F W Baker. Curate of Godney - Aug. 12th 1838."